What Is The Most Effective Way To Lose Weight?
Our weight management plan focuses on four areas:
- elimination of simple carbohydrates
- eating only fresh fruit, meats and vegetables
- reducing proportions to match your metabolic rate
- the use of medications if necessary
What Medications Do You Use?
A mild appetite suppressant may be used for three to six months until the sugar addiction is reversed. Also, Metformin (Glucophage) may be used to improve the metabolism of sugar.
Does My Hormones Or Thyroids Have Anything To Do With My Weight Gain?
Absolutely, the first objective to all weight management programs is to balance the endocrine systems. Thyroid hormones should be brought up to the normal levels and all female hormones should be balanced to ensure good metabolic response.
What Is A Simple Carbohydrate?
Simple carbohydrates are all man made type sugars. Essentially everything in a box, bag, bottle, jar or can has simple carbohydrates as one of the main ingredients. This type of sugar causes fluid retention, fat deposition and storage of the sugar molecule in the fat cell. It also significantly increases cravings.
What Is A Complex Carbohydrate?
Complex carbohydrates are the naturally occurring sugars that exist in our fruits and vegetables. The four exceptions are:
Does Drinking Alcohol Affect My Weight Management Plan?
Yes, alcohol is a type of simple carbohydrate and causes excessive retention of fluid, sugars and fats.
Can Nutritional Supplements Help With Weight Management Programs?
Yes, we recommend five products
- iodine for enhanced thyroid metabolism
- omega 3 replacements for enhanced intestinal absorption
- Vitamins A D and K to improve the endocrine functions
- basic multivitamins with iron, calcium and other trace minerals